Cod is still one of the most popular fish, you can always use it to prepare a recipe because it admits numerous combinations of flavors like this one, in Portuguese style.
Traditional Portuguese recipe, this cod is accompanied by onion, peppers and the unmistakable touch of black olives, which make this dish a sure hit at any family celebration. This white fish is very beneficial for the health of children.
- 600 gr. fresh cod fillets
- 3 large potatoes
- 500 gr. finely chopped onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 black olives (pitted or pitted)
- Salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the chopped onion for a few minutes, until it is transparent. Add the garlic and brown it all over medium-high heat.
2. Peel the potatoes and dice them. Add them to the pan.
3. Sauté everything a little and then add a glass of water to cook the potatoes.
4. Add the olives, season and let it cook uncovered for another 10 minutes.
5. Cut the cod into small pieces and add salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in another pan and fry until golden.
6. Add the julienned peppers to the cod and sauté for about 5 minutes.
7. Next, mix the cod with the sweet potatoes and drizzle them with a little olive oil. Stir everything and let it heat for about 10 minutes. Serve it right away.
Enjoy your meal!
Here are other fish recipes for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Portuguese style cod with black olives. Traditional recipe, in the category of Fish on site.