Breakfast is an important part of the daily routine for children and adults. Perhaps the most important meal of the day, it must contain variety and be nutritious, that is why we propose a recipe for muffins with chocolate chips.
They are a delight for children, soft and not too sweet, a good homemade alternative to industrial pastries. With this step-by-step recipe with photos you can cook with the children some much healthier rolls that they will love.
- 250 gr. strength flour
- 125 ml. milk
- 15 gr. fresh yeast
- 35 ml. Of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 50 gr. of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 100 gr. of chocolate drops
1. Dissolve yeast in warm milk (not too hot). Add the vanilla essence and the yolk of one of the eggs (we reserve the other egg to paint the buns).
2. Mix the flour with the sugar and add a pinch of salt, stir well so that it is distributed.
3. Pour the milk mixture over the bowl with the flour and knead the mixture.
4. Add the olive oil and continue kneading until a compact and elastic ball forms, which can be handled. Place it in the bowl greased with oil, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest until doubled in size (between 1 and 2 hours) in a warm place.
5. Add the chocolate chips and make balls with the dough, all of which are more or less the same size. You can put some chocolate chips on top. Cover with a clean cloth and allow them to double in volume again.
6. Preheat the oven to 175º. Brush the buns carefully with a little beaten egg. Put in the oven and let them cook for about 20 - 25 minutes. Take out and let cool.
Recipe made by Teresa Guerra.
You can read more articles similar to Chocolate chip muffins, breakfast recipe for kids, in the category of Biscuits - muffins on site.