The decision to name the baby is still a problem for many parents who are lost among the thousands of options in children's names. Some prefer modern names, others prefer traditional names, some want compound names, and others prefer short names.
Short names are always a good option for your child, since all of them are very forceful and reinforce the personality. It's all about the beauty of simple names and that's why we've put together a list with 10 short names for children who stand out for their popularity.
1. Iker. It is one of the most frequent boy names thanks to the popularity of some public figures. It is a name of Basque origin that has crossed local borders to become one of the names that children like the most.
2. Juan. This traditional and familiar name never goes out of style and supports many combinations, although due to its strength it is capable of providing personality on its own. Its Hebrew origin and long tradition keep it as one of the most popular names of all time.
3. Leo. Although in principle it was a diminutive, over time it has become a name with its own entity. It has a Latin origin and exudes a special energy, although its growing popularity is due to the fact that it is the name that Penelope Cruz chose for her child.
4. Raúl. It is another of those timeless names, well known for having a long tradition but never going out of style. It is of Germanic origin and has a meaning related to the brave character of the wolf, so it comes loaded with a great personality.
5. Adam. This name finds a Hebrew origin and is equivalent to the biblical name Adam, the first man. It is a short and simple name that remains strong without losing popularity over time.
6. Hugo. It is one of the most attractive boy names. Its Germanic origin speaks of intelligence and brilliance and its simplicity only increases the personality of this name, which is very current.
7. Ivan. This traditional, but still modern name is of Russian origin and is just a variant of Juan. The name brings distinction and elegance and a very personal touch, perfect for your child.
8. Luca. It is the Italian variant of Lucas, a name of Latin origin that gains positions in the list of frequent names for its simplicity and forcefulness. The elegance it exudes makes it one of the most attractive modern names for boys.
9. Eric. This name is of Scandinavian origin and has a meaning that speaks of eternal power. It is a short, simple and very sophisticated name that is gaining popularity to become a frequent name. Despite having a long tradition, Eric is still considered a modern name.
10. Enzo. This name has a curious origin. It is the Italian version of the German name Heinz which in turn is the diminutive of Heinrich. It is, therefore, a name with a history that will bring a great personality to your child.
You can read more articles similar to 10 short names for boys, in the category of Names for boys on site.