Penny Powell was among the first to post photos of what kids' bottles and sippy cups actually hid. A good friend told him in anguish that her baby was always sick. One day the father thought he knew where the thing that was causing his son so many illnesses was, it was ... his bottle!
They took photos of what they found and since then many other parents have shared similar snapshots. If you have any of these bottles, You should know why all this commotion.
There are bottles and cups that have an anti-drip device, it is about preventing the water from spilling through the bag if we go for a walk. However, this device is usually formed by two plastic parts joined together, that is where moisture can accumulate, which is nothing other than breeding ground for fungi and mold.
When the complaints from the parents started, some manufacturers ran to explain that it only happened when the bottles were used to put juices or juices in them, since they were prepared to contain water. However, several theories contradict this, the main one is that where there is accumulated moisture, it is a favorable place for bacteria and fungi to roam freely.
What can exposure to this mold cause my child? These bacteria can cause throat irritation, nasal congestion, runny nose, cough, skin irritation, conjunctivitis ...
You may have made a gesture of disgust while reading this article, but get to work, if you have a cup or bottle and do not usually open the anti-drip device to clean it, do not wait a second more.
You can read more articles similar to Dirt that hides in a bottle or drip cup, in the category of child hygiene on site.