In infant feeding, the most important thing is the contribution of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber and water. These nutrients are found in all vegetables and greens. To this you have to add the protein, which makes the child grow. Where do we find it? In fish, meat, eggs and vegetables and legumes (the vegetable protein, which is digested more easily).
But we have many doubts about infant feeding. The nutritionist Dorte Froreich, answer our questions.
1. Recommended foods and foods advised against for sick children: Chicken broth is ideal for sick children, since chicken or hen meat releases a protein that can inhibit bacteria or viruses, so it is a natural antibiotic. We can add thyme, garlic and onion, which strengthen the health of children and help them recover from illness. However, dairy is counterproductive when the child is sick. In the case of a cold, dairy produces more mucus. Flours are not recommended either. And of course, we must not force them to eat.
2. Should we eat the fruit before lunch ?: Our habits are wrong. We should never have dessert, as it hinders our digestive process. Neither fruits nor sweets, since they provide the body with fructose, sugar or glucose. When we eat, the stomach is busy digesting protein. At that time we should not include anything that ends in 'ose' ... Neither glucose nor fructose ... because it confuses the stomach and the digestive process.
3. Food for underweight children: Sometimes the lack of weight can be due to diet, but usually it is due to an absorption problem. You have to look for any kind of intolerance to a specific food, as in the case of gluten intolerance.
In other cases, the lack of weight is due to the inactivity of the child. By not playing or moving, they do not feel like eating. Hence the problem of lack of muscle mass.
And a third cause: diet. Parents sometimes offer children meals between meals. That 'pecking' takes away the hunger of the children and they do not eat the most important food.
4. At what age can the egg be introduced into the baby's diet? The yolk of the egg can be introduced at 10-11 months, and the white, better at 18 months. If the child does not show any adverse reaction, the child can already eat egg. It is important in any case that the eggs are from organic farming, since their nutrients are superior.
5. How can we avoid childhood obesity ?: Children up to 6 months should be exclusively breastfed. They don't need anything else. From 6 months, you can maintain breastfeeding and introduce other foods. Until the year, babies can be 'chubby', and no problem. But when they are older, you already have to look for the cause of being overweight. It may be because children have become very sedentary, they do not move enough.
In addition, we do not take care of food. Sugar makes you fat. All foods include sugar. For example, refined flour and white rice turn into glucose when they enter the mouth. Y children's diet today is based on bread, pasta and rice. That is why they get fat. We should base their diet on protein, especially vegetables, and avoid dairy foods and flours, sweets and rice.
You can read more articles similar to Myths and truths about feeding children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.