After this pesky introduction, straight from the mouths of some eco-parents, one can make a bold remark that hardly anyone imagines taking care of a baby without diapers. Most say that a diaper must be, be it a disposable, multiple-disposable or one-meter nappy, but so that without a diaper and with deep motivation to learn messages sent by a child?
It turns out that it is possible. Supporters of upbringing without diapers (natural infant hygiene) say that diaper is an invention of modern times, quite unnecessary. In Asia, Africa and South America, upbringing without diapers is not surprising, because it has been continued and practiced for a long time. Elimination communication, an alternative name for this phenomenon, indicates the possibility of communication with the child in the matter of "excretion" and total control of his needs.
What is the natural hygiene of babies?
In short on child observation. The baby is to give its parents clear signals when they want to pee or poop. Mom or dad's role is this read the signal and allow the child to defecate over the bowl or potty. If the parent does not read the signals, over time the child will stop sending them (according to supporters of this method). However, understandable gestures are to be even stronger over time.
In addition, planting should also take place immediately after waking up, before bedtime, going for a walk, etc.
Upbringing without diapers: is it worth it?
Proponents of this method say so because:
- we support ecology (you can avoid about 10,000 diapers that the average parent consumes until the child is 2.5 years old. One diaper has a breakdown of 500 years),
- thanks to this you can significantly reduce or completely eliminate diaper expenses,
- forget about the bleeding problem,
- avoid chafing and any irritation on the baby's delicate skin,
- have a sense of careful observation of the child and be able to notice possible health problems
Opponents, however, point out that:
- this method is not practical in today's world with a different climate and social conditions from Africa - it is worth adding here that the natural hygiene of babies should also be used in the polar climate of Alaska, Siberia or Greenland.
- it's hard to imagine observing a child 24 hours a day,
- there is no point in making life more difficult,
- how to go outside without diapers, especially in winter - it is worth noting that NHN supporters do not completely reject diapers, put them on just in case, especially in bad weather,
- it is a mistake to require infants to control their physiological needs.
- let the child grow up with everything, let's give him a chance.
- dehumidification is not always difficult, so the argument not to use diapers and blow up the child from the first days of life, to make life easier later, can be considered a miss.
And what do you think about upbringing without diapers?